Let Our Journeys Enrich Life
At LOJEL, we believe human connection makes the world a better place. Our mission is to spark those connections by empowering people’s journeys with thoughtful carry essentials for travel and everyday life. Whether you’re crossing continents or navigating your daily routines, LOJEL designs tailored carry solutions that resonate with the way you live and move.
LOJEL was founded in Japan in 1989 by a young entrepreneur named Chih Chang Chiang. After years of sewing and selling bags at local markets, Chiang was able to take his product concepts to Toyama, Japan to start manufacturing luggage. Laying the foundation for LOJEL’s transformative journey – reimagining the world of travel essentials.
Today, under the leadership of our founder’s grandson An Chieh Chiang, LOJEL’s unwavering commitment to producing innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of modern movement has allowed us to transcend our roots in travel and seamlessly integrate into the fabric of daily routines.
Our Unwavering Commitment
At LOJEL, we live by a few simple values:
1. Intentional by Design: We believe in the beauty of simplicity. Our solutions are designed to be straightforward, ethical, and efficient.
2. Driven by Diversity: Our team comes from all corners of the world, and we actively embrace diverse opinions and cultural perspectives with humility, curiosity, and collaboration.
3. Purposefully Positive: We aim to leave a positive mark on the world, however small it may be. Every action we take is carefully considered for its impact.
Our Design Philosophy
As we embrace the challenges and opportunities of the modern world, LOJEL is committed to becoming the most sustainable user-centric carry essentials brand.
Our product vision is guided by three key principles:
1. Less, but better: We know there’s already a lot of stuff out there. That’s why we make only what’s necessary, and we ensure it’s practical, durable, and long-lasting.
2. User-Centric: Our products are designed with you in mind. Your needs are at the heart of every decision we make.
3. Modern Movement: We seek opportunities in new hybrid styles of movement that transcend traditional notions of travel and commute. Our products are versatile and adaptable to your changing needs.
Behind the Logo
The LOJEL logomark is a combination of two symbols of travel—a pathway and a flag.
While the pathway represents a journey going from point A to point B, the flag symbolizes a marking of one’s arrival, or where one has gone. These ideas inspired the final logomark as a representation of both concepts.
Our Path to Sustainability
Sustainability is not just a buzzword for us – it’s a guiding principle that informs our daily decisions. In response to the changing world, we embarked on a journey to redefine LOJEL as a brand that focuses on how we carry. As travel rebounded in 2023, we recognized the importance of redoubling our efforts toward sustainability.
In our products, we’re committed to reimagining our materials, closing the loop on product life cycles, and offering products that promote responsible living and travel. Our approach involves a three-tier strategy that addresses sustainability in relation to the Environment, Society, and Governance (ESG). Sustainability criteria are also integrated into the daily process of decision making as well as a way to assess progress over time.
In our company, we’re committed to creating shared value for our teams, customers, and the communities where we operate.
LOJEL’s offices now span the globe—headquartered in the metropolitan hub of Hong Kong, our team is also present throughout Asia, North America, and Europe. Our appreciation and respect for the power that freedom of movement holds imbues us with shared responsibility to create shared value for both our planet and communities.
Let Our Journeys Enrich Life